Keep Your Pout Beautiful This Fall With Celebrity
The dark and bright red lipstick colors in style this autumn/winter are some of the most unforgiving colors when it comes to applying lipstick. These vibrant shades emphasize any flakes, creases and color that has bled outside the lips. Celebrity make-up artist Belinda Moss, who has had the privilege of working on some of the most luscious lips in Hollywood, offers the following tips for picture perfect, red carpet-ready lips:
• Exfoliate lips regularly: This can be achieved by gently rubbing a damp washcloth or even the damp bristles of a toothbrush across the lips each day.
• Apply concealer: Applying concealer to the outside edge of the lips will prevent lip color from “feathering” or “bleeding.”
• Lightly powder: Dust powder across the whole mouth to set the concealer.
• Line, but don’t outline: Apply a nude lip liner to the entire lip, not just the edges. NEVER outline the lips with a liner that’s darker than the lipstick you plan to apply.
• Seal the deal: To seal the lip liner, apply two coats of Softlips® Lip Conditioning Balm, which will also condition lips and protect from sun damage (with SPF 20). It softens the lips without making them waxy or greasy. “This step is especially important this season because matte lip colors are in, which is bad news for dry lips. Using a lip conditioner before you apply color will keep lips soft and hydrated even when using a dryer lipstick,” says Moss.
• Apply color: Apply your favorite lipstick or lip gloss. For maximum precision with lipstick, use a lip brush to apply neatly and evenly. Your lips should look fresh for hours.
How many children in foster care are appointed a CASA volunteer?
Last year, CASA’s 50,000 volunteers advocated for 225,000 children in the foster care system.
What are the qualifications to become a CASA volunteer?
Commitment: The vast majority of cases last one to two years, and the amount of time spent on a case per month typically ranges between 10-20 hours. Volunteers must make case time a priority in order to provide quality advocacy.
Objectivity: Volunteers research case records and speak to everyone involved in a child’s life, including their family members, teacher, doctor, lawyer, social worker and others. Their third-party evaluations are based on facts, evidence and testimonies.
Communication skills: Once a volunteer has fully evaluated a case, they prepare a written report outlining their recommendation for the child’s placement. They must be able to speak with authority as they present their rationale to the judge in court.
Full Figured, Voluptuous, Curvy and most recently Size Sexy, are all terms used to describe plus size women.
Plus size female consumers have an average spending power of over $16 billion, and with 1/3 of the American female population wear a size 12 and above, our numbers are growing at an average annual rate of 18%. Talk about POWERFUL!
Tired of looking all over town to find a pair of jeans that are cut so that you are not afraid to bend over? We are too! How about a jean that does not make you hold your breath all day and feel lightheaded? Do you need jeans that accentuate your curves and flatter your figure?
The Ashley Stewart Stores Community Foundation will celebrate its First Annual Benefit Gala "Back to Harlem" with a star studded event on Thursday, October 26, 2006 at Harlem's World Famous Apollo Theater, 253 W 125th Street, New York. Three worthy organizations will be honored with charitable contributions raised by this event; Dress for Success, The Thurgood Marshall Scholarship Fund and The Boys Choir of Harlem.